Glide-Line offers several vertical lift conveyor application options. These VTUs can be applied to solve unique challenges in your conveyor automation system design. For instance, you can reduce floor space for your conveyor system, utilize the precision aspect of our VTU in interesting concepts, and increase automation system throughput with these vertical lift conveyor applications. And, at Glide-Line, these VTUs are part of our standard product offering of automated conveyor solutions.
Check out this video and read below to learn more:
Tilting Deck Vertical Transfer Unit
- A standard Vertical Transfer Unit with the addition of a tilting transport deck conveyor
- Provides the ability to tilt the product towards a robot or operator for improved access to the product
- Tilt feature is controlled by the VTU servo/motor which allows for the transport deck conveyor to tilt up to 30°. Deck is hinged on one side and loose on the other, allowing different Z-axis movements to provide various tilting angles
Multiple Position Vertical Transfer Unit
- A standard Vertical Transfer Unit that feeds multiple input and output conveyors
- The total number of infeed and outfeed conveyors can be increased, as needed, to maximize product flow.
- Servo-driven elevator allows for multiple position stopping with precision movement
- The number of transport decks can also be increased to shift as many products vertically as desired.
Machine Buffering Solution
A vertical sortation and storage device to create a buffer of pallets either upstream or downstream (or both) of a machine. Allows an operator to load up a machine with unfinished goods and automatically load parts, and can even simultaneously unload parts. This machine tending solution can greatly reduce operator involvement and keep your valuable machines running while you attend to other tasks.
Dual Deck Vertical Transfer Unit
- A standard Vertical Transfer Unit with two transport deck conveyors
- Provides the ability to transport twice the amount of product vertically
- This is especially useful for processes requiring fast-paced throughput
- The number of transport decks can be increased to shift as many products vertically as desired
Dual Axis Vertical Transfer Unit
- Decouple an upper and lower transfer
- Sorting product to / from multiple in-feeds and discharges
- Perform an operation on one product while keeping the VTU in operation for others
Interested in learning more about our Vertical Transfer Units? Be sure to check out our full VTU Gallery!