Are you a design or application engineer? We know you’ve been searching for a better conveyor configurator. We shared the same frustration, so we built a “better mousetrap.”
IMPACT! was born out of frustration
Reliance on slow human responses and fundamental issues with online model configuration slowed down the design process. Our engineers wanted greater flexibility in their CAD modeling process. Our customers needed better solutions in less time.
Instead of shaking our heads and throwing our arms up in frustration, we took action. Our Research and Design Engineer, Ron Schwar, built a solution to address all these major pain points:
- Tedious manual work (re-configuring, re-downloading, re-inserting) with each model change from online based solutions offering models that are only configurable online, not in the Solidworks modeling environment.
- Endless back-and-forth between the customer and vendors, delaying the CAD modeling process.
- Inability to evaluate throughput, weights, lengths, and capacities within the conveyor design
- Lag time between design and accurate pricing
- Lack of snap-to-mating in the CAD software
- Inability to see device actuations in various operation states (motion states)
- All that and a bag of chips (if “chips”=seamless integration with SOLIDWORKS).
IMPACT! tightly integrates a custom Excel workbook with Solidworks to produce an in-context CAD configurator that updates your parts requirements/pricing in real time.
The software we created completely automates the part configuration and pricing process. This means less time waiting for human responses and instant feedback!
Step-by-Step Guide To Modeling Your Next Design in IMPACT!
To get you started using IMPACT!, our team has created a series of detailed video tutorials. For a first-time user, our videos may go through the “how-to” process too quickly. Or schedule a live demo, here!
We’ll admit tutorial videos are harder learning tools. To give you extra details, we’ve also written out instructions (with screenshots) for an example device (we used a curve here as well).
IMPACT! means significant time savings. IMPACT! means automated updates to CAD models directly in Solidworks. IMPACT! means no more manual downloading and reinsertions of models into your master assembly.
Still not sold on how much easier IMPACT! makes the conveyor design process?
Consider checking out this additional info:
This case study further details IMPACTS! “impact” on improving conveyor configuration:
Or this super valuable eBook: